This coca made from chicharrones or pine nuts, is also known in Catalonia as coca de llardons and is a typical sweet of the Catalan Pyrenees region. It is usually taken at Carnival and during the San Juan festivities.
This dessert is ideal for a family celebration or to celebrate the Carnival or San Juan festivities, but due to its high caloric content it is advisable that the previous lunch or dinner is not too heavy. Guiainfantil.com brings us a recipe for pine nut coca, easy and quick to make.
- 150 grams of pine nuts (chicharrones)
- 10 gr of fresh yeast
- 2 eggs
- 70 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 60 gr of anise
- 250 gr of strength flour
Tips: You can also add pastry cream on the surface along with the pine nuts and sugar, if you like.
1. Make a mountain with the flour and leave a hole in the center.
2. Add inside the ingredients of the coca: about 10 or 12 grams of yeast and a little water, 2 eggs, about 70 grams of sugar, a tablespoon of oil, a pinch of salt and 60 grams of anise.
3. Begin to mix everything with patience until you get a homogeneous mass.
4. Put the dough in a rectangular container and shape it into the desired shape. Top with pine nuts and sugar.
5. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180º and take it out when it is golden brown. Enjoy your meal!
You can read more articles similar to Pine nut cake for children. San Juan recipes, in the category of Biscuits - muffins on site.